Aug 13, 2011

Baby's here!

I've totally neglected this blog.

In my last post on July 11th I said I would take a belly picture on Wednesday at 40 weeks since I forgot to take one at 39 weeks. Well, that didn't happen because my water broke that day!! Here's the story.

Zach and I went to dinner Tuesday evening the 12th for a "last date" together just the two of us. I totally thought I would be still pregnant into the next week, but at 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday the 13th I woke up in bed and felt a little wet. Just thinking I had to pee, I went to the bathroom and went. When I stood up I felt a whole lot of wet and heard a little splat on the floor. At first I thought I might have peed myself, but then I stood there for a minute to see if anything else would dribble. Sure enough, it did! My heart started racing and I called for Zach. He stumbled into the bathroom, saw me staring at the floor between my legs and said, "well, I guess that means we should go to the hospital." Haha, it was all very calm for us. I jumped into the shower and Zach started throwing together his hospital bag since he hadn't packed it yet. Then off we went.

21 hours later, a beautiful baby boy was born. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but like everyone says.. it was worth it.

Brayden William Swanson was born July 14th at 12:05 a.m. weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces and 19 1/2 inches. Here are some of the first photos of Brayden.




No comments:

Post a Comment