May 16, 2012

First momma's day

I left Zach and Brayden behind this past weekend to drive to Decorah, Iowa for my good friend Sarah's wedding. I arrived Saturday just before noon and got myself ready in the hotel before driving into the middle of nowhere for the ceremony. The reception was at the country club and it really was beautiful. Sarah was gorgeous as ever and it was a really great day.

This weekend really sort of made me realize how much my life has changed in the past year. In two months, Brayden will be one year! I had a blast at the wedding. I had a few glasses of wine throughout the whole day and we danced the night away. But I tell you, I couldn't keep up with all of Sarah's friends. Normally, this would have been an opportunity to drink the night away without a worry in the world and a free ride back to my hotel. But now, getting drunk was the last interest on my list, because I wanted to be able to get up early and drive back to Des Moines to spend my first mothers day with my little family. And I'm happy that I was able to do that. If you know me, you know I get nasty hangovers. It's crazy how things have changed, but I wouldn't give up what I have for anything. My family is the only thing that matters now.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Here's me posing for a pic for my
hubby.

Me and Sarah

The gorgeous bride

My mothers day gift, pandora!!

And mothers day picnic time!

Weekends don't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment