Feb 11, 2011

18 weeks - halfway there!!



Well, we're halfway there, can you believe it?! It seems so far away, but at the same time, it's right around the corner! I'm getting more and more excited to meet Baby Swanson.

Here is the 18 weeks update from babycenter.com:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long - about the length of a bell pepper - and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

I've been feeling regular baby movements every day the past week. It's hard to explain what it feels like (popcorn in my belly?), but it's very cool! Zach is so cute, because he will put his hand on my belly wanting to feel it, but it's still too small for him to feel.

I still can't get a girl off my mind, but who knows! I guess we'll find out in about 2 1/2 weeks, yay! We've started talking more about names and found a few we really like. Soon we will have to make a few registries and think more seriously about the nursery.

I bought my first pair of maternity pants today. I was terrified of them from the few that I tried on from different stores not too long ago because they are hideous. I was hoping to do everything I could to avoid them, but I don't think that's going to happen. And let me tell you, thank goodness for Gap Maternity! They actually have really cute stuff and the pants look normal on you. Let me tell you though, I could actually breathe with those on. I usually have to unbutton my pants at work and have been using a belly band as well. It's starting to get a bit uncomfortable.

Oo and I also got the snoogle pregnancy body pillow. I haven't been able to sleep well because I can't lay on my back anymore comfortably. I can feel the weight of my belly pressing down, so I've had to sleep on my side, which isn't always comfortable. but this pillow is amazing! Kind of funny looking, but super worth the good night's sleep! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment