May 19, 2011

And we're back... 32 weeks

We got back on Tuesday from Pennsylvania from some time with family and my baby shower (which was wonderful!). It's always hard to come back and leave family and friends and especially go back to a job that I don't love. It takes me a day or two to get back into the swing of things. I will post an update about the shower with some photos soon!

Here is the 32 week update from babycenter.com:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Anyone have any idea what a jicama is?? I don't!! :-)

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. The doctor always says that our baby has a happy heartbeat, so that's good! I also only gained 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks versus the 7 or so I gained in the 4 weeks prior..I was nervous about that because I don't want to gain too much weight, so this was nice to find out! Next appointment in another 3 weeks, then probably once a week for the rest of the pregnancy...getting close!!

Look for a baby shower update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment