Jun 10, 2011

35 weeks

Haha don't mind my white belly compared to the rest of my body!! Belly is getting bigger and bigger! The little guy sure is growing.

I'm feeling good...sleeping okay and not awful sore. The worst part is my feet. They hurt so bad that sometimes it keeps me awake. I've started swelling around the ankles and feet each day until I can get home and put up my feet. Doc says that's normal, which I knew, but I still mentioned it to him at my appointment on Wednesday. Everything was good, gained three more pounds. Baby's doing good. Now my appointments will be once a week and in two weeks he will start checking my cervix. How exciting! I was thinking that 5 weeks seems so long, but when I think about being at the doctor each week and possibly being dilated in two, it doesn't really seem that long. I'm so excited!

This weekend is my baby shower here in Iowa. Other things to do this weekend: pack the hospital bag, finish the nursery, wash baby clothes/sheets. We're ready!!! :-)

Update from babycenter.com:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment