Jan 31, 2012

A Few Things..

1. We celebrated Brayden's six month birthday by having a little "half birthday" celebration.
2. Work has finally given me a somewhat regular schedule leaving it easier for me to make plans and have family time.


3. I've gotten some new hobbies

4. We started going to church


Yes, we had a little half birthday party for our son. Well, it was my idea totally. I got a little cupcake cake, and a balloon, and I bought a lottery ticket for the first time in my life. We let Brayden stare at the cupcake and candles and sang to him. He seemed to love it. We got some really great pictures.

When I started my part time job, I wanted it to be just that. A part time job. I love it there, I really do. But I was working way more than I signed up for. I get to spend good one on one time with Brayden during the day, but not much with all three of us as a family. So now that we've hired a few more people, I'm getting back to working as much as I originally wanted. This has given me more time to plan and have new hobbies.

I started a scrapbook when Brayden was born. I've never done it before so I didn't have any supplies. Now I do, thanks to friends and family and holidays. I found this really great store where you can use their big work spaces and dye cutting tools for scrap booking. I'm going to start spending a few hours a week there in hopes to get this scrapbook caught up!! Brayden and I have also been going to swimming lessons every Tuesday. I feel like I'm finally starting to fall into a normal mommy lifestyle. When we get up in the morning we both have breakfast, maybe play a little, get ready for the day and usually go out and run errands or just walk around. For a long time I felt like we just sat at home way to much.

Zach and I have decided we want to bring Brayden up with a church background. I can't honestly tell you my beliefs or why I really think it's good for us to go, but I enjoy the feeling of community and happiness that the church brings. I think that it will be good for Brayden and when the time comes, he can decide whether he wants to continue with it. My parents brought me up in the church and so did Zach's, so we will do the same. It makes us feel even more like a family. This church near us is like the size of my high school. There are multiple services in the enormous auditorium. The pastors are fun and light hearted and there is a full band on stage. There is also a brunch every Sunday and dinner on Saturday's after the service along with many family activities during the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment