Jan 1, 2013

EMeals- morraccon flank steak with garlic and olive oil couscous

This steak was seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon and sugar. The combination seemed strange to me but the flavor was yummy. I didn't let it set for 30 minutes like the recipe suggested so I don't know if that took away from the flavor. I don't, however, think I'd ever buy another flank steak. The seasoning was delicious but the steak itself was lacking flavor and quality.

I've never had couscous before but it was good. Definitely a quick and easy side prepared just like rice. I don't actually know what couscous is. I'll have to do some research. It comes in many different flavors.

I figured I would give an update on my first cleanse day. The 30 day cleanse I'm doing is mostly shake days with four cleanse days once a week throughout the month. On these days you eat no food except maybe an apple, some almonds or any of the isagenix snacks approved for this day. You drink different things throughout the day. It was brutal. By the end of the day I was nearly vomiting and had a killer headache. I don't do well when I don't have food. But I did wake up the next morning feeling great and not hungry. Lost three pounds on the cleanse day and went back into the shakes and normal food the next day.

All that makes this cleanse sound really terrible but its not :) the first cleanse day was hard, yes, but it was worth it and I feel great. It's great because I can eat real food and nothing is really off limits. More updates on all this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment