Dec 19, 2012

Lime fish tacos with pineapple-jalapeño sauté

We've been busy and just not able to have sit down meals since my last post. Zach would not even try this meal so I made it early and had it myself for an early dinner before work.

The tilapia is baked topped with an olive oil, lime juice, and cilantro mixture. The "taco" part of it is a romaine lettuce leaf and then it is topped with shredded cabbage. The pineapple- jalapeño sauté is a mixture of red pepper, pineapple, jalapeños and garlic sautéed in olive oil.

The fish taco was boring and lacking flavor. It didn't taste bad but I won't make it again. The pineapple- jalapeño sauté on the other hand was full of yummy flavors. The pineapple and red pepper exploded with their sweetness and then it was followed by the spiciness of the hot peppers. Maybe a little too hot for he average person but I love hot foods. I was surprised at how well I enjoyed this and I will make it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment