Apr 10, 2011

26 weeks


26 weeks, only one more week and then I am in the third trimester!! Wow, time has really flown by!

Here is the update from babycenter.com:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

We started a 5 week prenatal on Wednesday. This class is to get us ready for labor and possible events leading up to labor. The first class was mostly about anatomy and thing to expect during the pregnancy and prior to labor. We both actually learned a lot and enjoyed it. Next class, we are going to be learning different pain soothing techniques for during labor. We've also signed up for the baby basics class, breastfeeding essentials, and Zach is going to attend a boot camp for daddy's class.

I've started counting kicks and keeping record of them. The baby should generally kick the same amount each day. This is the best way to be aware if something could be wrong with the baby. He's been very active like usual. He's started rolling rather than just kicking or punching, which feels incredibly weird, and makes my stomach look like it's doing the wave a bit :-) I have to say, having a baby kick and roll around inside me is the strangest (and most wonderful) thing I've ever experienced.

I've been feeling great still. I am getting pretty uncomfortable lately. Sitting up straight gets pretty uncomfortable since I have a short torso and the baby is already taking up most of the space I have in there. I am also getting terribly sick of sleeping on my side :-)

The other day I came home from work and took a nap on my side without any pillows under my belly and when I woke up I had the worst pain in my life across the lower part of my belly, and the left side all the way down to my upper thigh. The pain was so bad that I couldn't stand up straight. I started to get worried and Zach was too because this is all new to us and we have no idea what certain things could mean. By the time I was getting really concerned the pain started to go away after walking around for a bit. Then we both remembered (from our prenatal class) that there is a tendon that connects from the top of your thigh all the way up to the top of your uterus under the breast. This is exactly where the pain was, and I'm guessing it got strained a little bit from lying on my side without supporting my belly. Apparently this is also a very common thing that happens. Anyway, now I am sure to put a pillow under my belly when I sleep because I definitely don't want to experience that again!

The past few times that it has been pretty warm outside (it was 87 degrees today!), I have been just miserably hot. I don't know what to wear to go out when I want to look decent and not just wear lounge clothes. I'm going to have to pick up a few sun dresses for that. Yay, an excuse to shop! I'm sure Zach will love that. :-) I think that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment