Apr 28, 2011

29 weeks and feeling HUGE!


Week 29 update from babycenter.com:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Yep, feeling huge. It's definitely not as easy to move around now as it was a few weeks ago. I have a short torso, so the baby is taking up everything I got ha ha. I'm continuing to lube up twice a day to try my best to avoid stretch marks, so far so good! I'm getting more and more belly rubs from random people (no strangers, that would be weird). Zach still tells me every day how cute he thinks I am..but I don't always feel so cute. My hands are swelling, my feet are sweating, I feel like my chins are sitting on my boobs, which are sitting on my belly, which is sitting on my legs (when I'm sitting). Haha, it's all very glamorous! With all that stuff aside, I'm still feeling great except for the same back pain I mentioned once before that is getting worse and worse.

We have one class left in our prenatal class and its when we will have a practice labor and delivery. It's all very funny to pretend having contractions and pushing with Zach counting to ten in my ear. We definitely giggle a lot during the class. The best part is the massages he's learned to give me :-)

My parents gave us the stroller for the baby. They brought it out with them so we wouldn't have to take up all the space in our car after the shower. We put it together while Zach was at work on Friday and I think it's a really good thing that we did because it was not easy and he may have been throwing things and cursing.

Speaking of which, I can't wait for my shower on May 14th!!! It's going to be so much fun. I can't wait to see all my friends and family and to be at home again for a few days. I'm also very excited to get baby stuff to play with, and then we will finally start putting together our nursery :-) Yay!! My friends in Iowa are throwing a shower for me on June 11th. That will be a lot of fun also. They won't tell me anything so I'm anxious to see what they have planned.

Total weight gained since the beginning of the pregnancy: 21-23 pounds. Doctor says I'm right on track, but I still get a little queasy each time I see the scale go up :-(

Yep, that's scary. No other news for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment